People like the Koch brothers spent a whole lot of money over many years to get YOU to distrust the party that supports you. If you go back far enough you’ll find your radical anti is just pro-consumer-corporate-oil-the-evil-heads-of-koch.
Whether or not Greenwald’s film reaches its hoped-for audience, we can expect to hear plenty about the Koch brothers this campaign season. Obama and the Democrats are going to make the election a referendum on a Republican Party hijacked by ideological zealots, 1 percenters, and religious nuts – we’re a long way from hope and change here – and the Kochs make a handy proxy for two out of the three. Team Obama regularly beats the Koch drum in their fundraising emails, leading to an angry public back-and-forth recently between a Koch lieutenant and the president’s campaign manager. Meanwhile, Mitt Romney has been discreetly courting the Kochs, who backed him for president in 2008 and are said to have pledged to raise $100 million to defeat Obama. As Greenwald put it in a recent interview, Charles and David Koch “are going to do everything their money will allow them to do to influence this election negatively.”
Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/the-koch-brothers-exposed-20120420#ixzz2EgBXCYSZ
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
”NASA scientists took time on Wednesday (Nov. 28) to soothe 2012 doomsday fears, warning against the dark side of Mayan apocalypse rumors — frightened children and suicidal teens who truly fear the world may come to an end Dec. 21.
These fears are based on misinterpretations of the Mayan calendar. On the 21st, the date of the winter solstice, a calendar cycle called the 13th b’ak’tun comes to an end. Although Maya scholars agree that the ancient Maya would not have seen this day as apocalyptic, rumors have spread that a cosmic event may end life on Earth on that day.”
So basically Mayan’s didn’t say it, modern scholars say “that’s not going to happen.” Leading Mayan researchers indicate that it isn’t the destruction we’ve been deluded into thinking it is going to be, and Nasa got involved to say, it’s a
The “studies” backing up Ryan’s tax plan are blogs and op eds. Are these guys for real?
I wonder sometimes what it generally takes without a process for someone to realize that the source of their experience, and feelings is not some outside influence but another thing within themselves. I wonder if in building up to this realization I have created my enlightenment and sometimes the world around us needs to build into a clamor of sound to aid in that realization…
Full post here: [LINK]
- Romney says Obama “threw our Isreali friends under the bus.” The Israeli President and Defense Minister disagree.http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/277073772394723
- The Washington Post says “the Romney campaign isn’t adhering to the minimum standards required for a real policy conversation.”http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/456729131016645
- The Washington Post says, “The mainstream media were not to blame for John McCain’s loss; Barack Obama’s more effective campaign and the financial crisis were.”
- Foreign Policy Magazine points out that Republicans initiated, and Paul Ryan voted for, the military cuts Romney blames on Obama. http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/263132427138560
- CBS Evening News quotes Standard and Poor’s report, specifically blaming the Republican Congress, of which Paul Ryan is an influential member, for the U.S. credit downgrade.http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/429891933714104
- The American Conservative says there’s nothing small government about Romney/Ryan.
- America’s top ranking military officer contradicts Romney’s statements about Iran.http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/349624315126710
- The Weekly Standard criticizes Romney for “failing even to mention, in his acceptance speech, a war we’re fighting and our young men and women who are fighting it?”http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/487416077935198
- The American Conservative says, “Mitt Romney has no intention of saying anything that his audience doesn’t want to hear,” and calls his convention speech “infantilizing.”
- Barack Obama is very popular in Poland, where Mitt Romney claims Obama “abandoned our friends.”http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/358354654241069
- Fortune magazine quotes Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor as saying, “The assumption was that, um, the, the, ah, again — I probably can’t speak to that in an exact way so I better just not,” when pressed about the falsehoods in Paul Ryan’s attacks.
- Romney says Obama will raise taxes on small businesses. PolitiFact verifies that Obama has cut taxes for small businesses 17 times so far.http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/10151854681265283
- PolitiFact and tax data disprove Romney’s assertion than raising taxes on millionaires raises taxes on small business.http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/10151854646455283
- Romney says Obama went on an “apology tour”. PolitiFact proves this to be false. http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/158151710975220
- Mitt Romney cites Steve jobs as an example for the Republican party. Jobs offered to help Obama’s reelection campaign before he died.http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/428647627177248
- The New York Times says Republicans and Romney “have offered precious little of substance but a lot of bromides meant to convey profundity and take passive-aggressive digs at President Obama.”http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/198580320272920
- A former Bain colleage of Romney’s says, “I believed he was making a mistake by framing himself as a job creator. That was not his or Bain’s or the industry’s primary objective. The objective of the LBO business is maximizing returns for investors.” The Guardian points out that the Republican congress “regularly blocked any and all job creation measures ever since Obama’s stimulus bill.”http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/225684797557300
- The Congressional Budget Office shows that Bush’s tax cuts are largely responsible for both the the growing U.S. debt and deficit.http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151853918845283&set=a.40017285282.62164.717105282&type=1
- The York Times show that Paul Ryan criticized Obama for not using a debt reduction plan that Ryan, himself, opposed.http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/496744383688897
- Politico shows that Paul Ryan “consistently and loyally voted to increase the debt. He did not take political risks or buck his party to combat “our exploding deficits” then. Instead, he voted for 65 different pieces of legislation to expand the debt.”
- The New York Time writes that Chris Christie “said his state needed his austere discipline of slashed budgets, canceled public projects and broken public unions, but did not mention that New Jersey now has a higher unemployment rate than when he took over, and never had the revenue boom he promised from tax cuts.”http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/475879322437092
- Rick Santorum attacks Obama on welfare reform, despite the attack being widely discredited.
- A representative of the Romney campaign says, “”We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.”http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/337885672970902
- Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman says, “We already have a centrist president — actually a moderate conservative president. Once again, health reform — his only major change to government — was modeled on Republican plans, indeed plans coming from the Heritage Foundation.”http://www.facebook.com/emortensen/posts/441360942574278
What if that Facebook photo and snappy saying is just a lie?
I wanted to know why it didn’t matter to her if someone out-and-out lied and sent that out into the interwebs? What if it gains speed? What if it rally’s thousands of people? What if..? What if it is all based on a lie? Isn’t that what we are working to end in so many of today’s issues? Deception?
When we disregard the source aren’t we allowing an opening more nefarious types to use our social networking space, our friendship connections, and our time FOR FREE to propagate the lie or agenda of their choosing, simply by tugging at your heart-strings or stirring the fire in your belly?
Read full post here:
Too much time on social networks or reducing the threat to “it’s just a photo,” but is it? 800 million active users connecting on the web, spreading information, aggregating it to Twitter and Reddit, pushing a message that may or may not be true… I don’t know, for me I don’t think that it is ever “just a message.” What if that rally for the animal shelter wasn’t real? What if the Iraq soldier wasn’t a soldier at all, just another person making the issue up completely? What if it is just photo-shopped?
What if it’s just flat out, untrue? How do you feel about the issue? How important is truth in information to you?
Art, divination, and healing.
Watching “Pray the gay away” with Lisa Ling and a bunch of people who believe that nature didn’t provide them with everything they needed.
No, a book, written by men, often impersonating other men dead for hundreds of years, with SIX passages, most ambiguous, that could potentially say they aren’t who they were born to be, is the truth.
Mutilation of sexuality is harm to our core being.
We want to ban Burkas and condemn human rights issues like spousal abuse and yet we allow cult abuse under the guise of “religious freedom.”
Lines in the sand.
Face the lie. Embrace your self, come as you are, forgive those who would tell you to be other than you were born to be: you.
If your God is Truth and Love, it’s time to be True and Love.